Responsible for leading and developing a self directed, high performing, highly motivated air freight team with emphasis placed on total customer satisfaction and growth, both domestically and globally. Communicates, measures and monitors performance results to ensure quality and efficiency is maintained for new and existing customers. Reviews all key performance statistics and report’s findings to the Divisional Manager. Participates in sales communications and minor global or domestic operational travel when appropriate. Negotiates pricing and adjusts margins to ensure profitability of our company. Communicate company goals, expectations and division wide policies to team with the effort of motivating for alignment and performance.
· Prefer previous Air Freight experience
· Communicate company goals, expectations and division wide policies to team
· Facilitates team goal setting and ensures company and division goals are achieved.
· Communicates, measures and monitors performance results to ensure quality and efficiency is maintained for new and existing customers. Reviews all key performance statistics and report’s findings to the Divisional Manager.
· Responsible for continuous improvement, developing and maintaining a positive business relationship with customers, sales contractors, owner operators, aircraft operators and other service providers.
· Provides leadership, coaching and performance management to a team of agents.
· Ensures action is taken to correct personnel, service or staffing opportunities in an effective and collaborative manner with team. Follows up with customers, sales contractors, operators and division on service issues and sales opportunities as necessary.
· Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changing situations or obstacles; maintains a high level of self-awareness; takes an active interest in the concerns and feelings of others; understands the impact of one’s own actions and words; and demonstrates a responsibility for self-regulation.
· May perform other responsibilities as requested or initiated based on needs.
· Work requires a Bachelor’s degree or other related discipline, or equivalent experience.
· Required to motivate and influence others in their opinions, judgments or attitudes.
· Good to excellent diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good to excellent verbal, written, and listening skills with the ability to quickly and accurately perceive needs, desires, attitudes, and opinions of others.
· Ability to effectively adjust leadership style according to team needs, competency’s, confident levels, and other variables.
· In a flexible fashion, must be assertive, accommodating, participative, and influential based on need.
· Ability to obtain results where standardized procedures may not be available.
· Ability to empathize.
· Ability to develop initiative, skill and responsibility in others.
· Ability to effectively communicate globally through language and cultural barriers.
· Ability to work third shift
FedEx Custom Critical is North America’s largest expedited carrier. We provide 24/7 pickup and delivery service throughout the United States and internationally, specializing in same-day and next-day delivery. We offer exclusive-use vehicles in five sizes; extra care in handling for high-value or sensitive freight; and expedited air options for the fastest delivery times.
Our modern and spacious headquarters is located between Akron and Canton in Green, Ohio. We currently employ approximately 500 team members in fields ranging from customer service and operations to human resources to finance to sales and marketing.
We are proud to be a tenth-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 award, which recognizes the top employers in Northeastern Ohio.
Interested candidates may apply at www.fedex.com/careers.